Call for Proposals
June 24 - 27, 2023
Welcome to the AAS-in-Asia Call for Proposal Application Portal
On behalf of the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) and the Institute of Humanities Studies at Kyungpook National University, Korea, we are pleased to invite you to the 2023 AAS-in-Asia Conference to be held between 24th and 27th of June 2023 at Kyungpook National University in Daegu, South Korea.
The Program Committee seeks organized panels and roundtable session proposals on all aspects of Asian Studies. No Individual Papers will be included for this conference. The proposals are preferred but may not be limited to this year’s theme:
Please see the three-step guide below to start your submission process. The deadline for submission of all proposals and travel subsidy requests is Monday, November 7 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
This proposal submission application will be available through Monday, November 7, 2022. After the submission deadline, your proposal will be forwarded to the appropriate program committee members for review. You will find detailed instructions via the sections listed in the right-hand column on this screen.
If you have any questions regarding panel participation or proposal submissions that are not answered in this Call for Proposals or the FAQ’s, please contact the AAS secretariat at AASinASia@asianstudies.org.
We look forward to an exciting and intellectually stimulating conference in Hong Kong.
The Program Committee of AAS-in-Asia 2023
Proposal Preparation in Three Steps:
1. DECIDE ON YOUR PROPOSAL TYPE
- Proposal Types: Review this Call for Proposals and the information regarding the two (2) proposal submission types – Organized Panel sessions and Roundtables submissions.
- Review the requirements of each proposal type, including the minimum/maximum number of participants, abstract word counts, etc.
- Review the AAS diversity and inclusion submission guidelines to ensure your preparations and final submitted proposal meet the AAS conference requirements.
Organized Panels are Pre-organized Sessions with three to five paper presentations and a session chair and/or discussant to facilitate a discussion of the papers presented.
Roundtables are a discussion format centered around a particular topic. This is not a formal paper presentation session. Rather, the session should aim at stimulating interaction, debate, and discussion among roundtable participants and those in attendance.
INDIVIDUAL PAPER PROPOSALS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR THIS CONFERENCE.
2. PREPARE SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Develop overall session and presentation abstracts based on the submission requirements. All organizers/submitters are responsible for collecting and submitting ALL data and information for each participant on the session, including:
- Paper titles and abstracts (organized panels only)
- Full names of each participant
- Affiliation and Rank (student, professor, independent scholar, etc.)
- If applying for a Travel Subsidy on behalf of a participant, review the information to ensure the participant qualifies for a travel subsidy.
- Have questions? Find answers at our CFP Frequently Asked Questions section.
3. SUBMIT MATERIALS BY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2022 AT 5:00PM EST
- PLEASE do not wait until November 7th to begin the submission process. You may begin the process and save a partially completed application. Edits to pending or submitted proposals may be made anytime before November 7th @ 5:00 PM.
- Follow the “Submit a Proposal’ button posted here on this page in the right column.
- Questions? Contact the AAS at AASinAsia@asiantudies.org
For help in submitting an abstract online, Contact technical support.